Technology companies are on a hiring spree, with Facebook planning to hire ten thousand resources in Europe to build the metaverse. Google has hired 10,000 people from April to June 2022, while Amazon has similar plans to hire technology talent in large numbers. The companies can accelerate the transformation process by 20 to 30 per cent by hiring top engineering talent who can be three to ten times more productive than the average engineer. As a result, technology talent acquisition has become like an arms race, with hiring top talent-like engineers incrementally more expensive as demand outstrips supply.
With most organisations accelerating digital transformation, the demand for technology talent will intensify as requirements will not be limited to technology companies, and companies from traditional businesses will compete for the same limited resources to maintain a competitive edge. For example, in June 2022, the financial services company Capital One had more technology job postings than technology companies.
In this report, we discuss:
- Hiring trends in Tech and IT sector
- What makes the Tech / IT sector unique as an industry in terms of innovation dynamics, agility, global reach, and competitiveness?
- How to find highly specialised and skilled talent in centres of excellence around the world?
- How tech & IT companies are gearing up for more competitive growth?
- Which new technologies can be adopted and used for faster, more accurate, and increased productivity and performance?
- What are the hiring technologies used across the sector?
- What are the essential background checks for Tech and IT Industry?