HR professionals using the skill-based hiring approach have been largely successful, adding effectiveness to the hiring process. So what is skill-based hiring? What are the benefits and how can you adopt this approach to get quality talent?
Get the whitepaper and learn more!
Discover the benefits of skill-based hiring. A skill-based hiring process will help you do more and hire better. With this approach, your organization can reduce its training costs by hiring employees who already have the skills required for a position.
In the early 2000s, employers suddenly began adding degree requirements to their job descriptions. This degree inflation phenomenon is prevalent across a number of industries.
However, as it became easier for workers to hone their skills online, and jobs became harder to place (especially in the tech space), companies have refocused and are leaning into skill-based hiring. However, this poses an interesting challenge: without a verifiable degree from a reputable University, how do you know whether a candidate actually has the skills they say they have?
To counter that, emphasis could be placed on providing solid candidate and onboarding experience. And to stand out amongst the sea of competition, here are some sourcing and onboarding hacks to help you find (and keep) the talent you need.
In this report, we discuss:
- What Is Skill-Based Hiring?
- The Shift to a balance of Skill-Based Hiring
- The Benefits of Skill-Based Hiring
- Access to a Larger Candidate and Talent Pool
- Faster Time to Hire
- Higher Retention
- Future-proofing Your Company
- Better Competency Assessment
- Greater Diversity
- Which Industries Will Benefit the Most From Skill-Based Hiring?
- What Are Skills?
- Adopting the Skills-Based Approach
- The Importance of Verification and Psychometric Testing