Conducting a pre-employment background screen and reference check helps to ensure the suitability of the candidate for the role by checking credentials and uncovering potential red flags.
But, the potential for an individual to introduce risk to the organisation doesn't end after they are on-boarded. An employee's actions outside of the workplace could become a liability for the employer.
Rescreening refers to post-hire checks conducted on existing staff members. Rescreening helps to ensure the quality of the workforce is maintained, protecting the organisation's reputation and limiting liability, whilst adhering to employment rules and regulations, and the wider culture and people strategy.
In this report, we discuss:
- Why Does a Healthy, Productive, and Motivated Workforce Matter?
- How Does a Healthy, Productive, and Motivated Workforce Deliver Exceptional Business Results?
- How Have Employees’ Nefarious and Damaging Activities Have Impacted Businesses Around the World?
- What Are the Emerging Employee Trends in Hybrid and Work-From-Home Environments?
- How Can Rescreening Existing Employees Lead to a Healthier and More Prosperous Business?
- What Are the Latest Employment Screening Timing and Recommended Phasing Techniques?
- How Veremark Can Help With Post-Hire Screening as a Key Partner to Advise, Plan and Deliver
- Veremark customer poll insights: The importance of periodically re-screening existing employees